March 11, 2015
Building a brand new category isn't easy – but Influitive's Jim Williams makes it seem easy. Eloqua's former Director of Product Marketing helps us realize why we need Influitive's Advocate Marketing.
Yeah, it's a great question. I mean the first thing you want to do is identify who we are advocates are and I think most marketers can identify what I would call their super advocates. It's like depending on the size of your organization, it might be the top two, three, 4% of your customers that you always know you can count on for help, is the people you go to when an analyst wants to talk to a customer, you are writing a press release, you want to do a case study etc. Those are your super advocates; they already kind of step forward.
Some of the questions host, Steve Gershik asked were:
- Influitive and Advocate Marketing ….tell us more. Why is harnessing the power of advocates so important today?
- What's changed in marketing in the last few years that has made B2B a little more exciting?
- What is a day in the life of a VP of Marketing at a hot start-up like? What are your biggest challenges?
- How do you build an effective marketing strategy for something so new and different? Building a new market isn't easy, is it?
- Do you believe in taking risks as a marketer? Does the start-up mentality foster that?
- You were an integral part of a very successful marketing team at Eloqua – what best practices did you learn while part of that team? What made the Eloqua marketing team unique?
After the break:
- What's the secret to building a great marketing organization? Do you hire for skills? Passion? What makes a team successful?
- What's the best way to become a better marketer?
- Where does content marketing play a role in your marketing strategy?
- Let's talk about data. Leadspace provides social demand generation solutions –helping to provide real-time lead data for organizations. How important is accurate data for marketing?