Erika Goldwater, VP Marketing for ANNUITAS covers planning for a live event. This is tradeshow season and it's time to remind yourselves and your on-site team of the basics for before, during and after an event.
Giveaways - have in a basket. Allow them to take the GIVEAWAY. Don't hold the candy hostage.
David Brock, President of Partners in Excellence, is about high performance. Sales, marketing and executive management is where he focuses his time consulting, speaking, and coaching. His clients span the industries from aerospace, retail, consumer products, and software and range from Fortune 25 to startups including some of the biggest global brands.
- Can you tell us a little about Partners in Excellence?
- Your tagline is great, “Making a Difference in Business and In Your Personal Life”. How do you help both business and people?
- You have worked in the sales and marketing industry for over 20 years – what is it that makes sales and marketing so challenging these days?
- What makes one organization perform better than another? Better product? Better sales team? Training? Better marketing or bigger budgets? Is there a recipe for success?
- How do you uncover weaknesses or areas that need improving in sales and marketing teams?
- On your website you use the words impact and time to results – how important is timing? Why?
- Thinking about impact---what is the best way to make an impact as a marketer today?
- What would you say is the biggest B2B marketing challenge? Why?
- What is the biggest sales challenge besides driving more revenue? Why?
- What role should technology play in today’s sales organization?
- Leadspace provides social demand generation solutions –helping to provide real-time data for organizations. How important is accurate data for a sales team? What happens when sales doesn’t trust in their data and/or marketing?
Secrets of social selling? Get them here and find out why a great social selling strategy + super-targeted prospects generates real results.
Tim Wackel covers some of the biggest errors salespeople commit… and where there are some big opportunities.
This lively discussion will cover:
- The sales sins you must avoid
- Top tips for finding new business today
- What to do when prospects go silent
Some of the questions asked were:
- What's the use of lead scoring?
- Aside from prioritization do you call 100% of the people who submit a lead form on your website or not?
- What are your thoughts on that - reaching out to somebody who hasn't proactively reached out to you?
- So you're talking about channels now, right? So you're saying a chat would feel less ookey to you or an email would feel less ookey, but a phone call to you seems a little too invasive?
- Earlier you said, "I haven't made them a buyer yet. I haven't thought about them as a buyer yet." This is somebody who visits your website. What makes someone a buyer?
- So how do you know as a marketer when somebody has confidence in your solution? Are there implicit signals? Are there explicit signals? Can you infer something?
- The question that I often get asked by young marketers is this: what is something I can do to upgrade my skills, to make me more marketable as a marketer? Particularly these are B-to-B marketers that I'm talking to. Somebody asks you that question, what advice would you give?
Jeffrey is the co-author of the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, USA Today and New York Times bestselling books "Call to Action" & "Waiting For Your Cat to Bark?". He has written for the popular marketing optimization blog GrokDotCom, eMarketing & Commerce Magazine & Forbes.com. Jeffrey has been a speaker and delivered the keynote speech at conferences like Search Engine Strategies, WSI Excellence & Innovation, Shop.org, Direct Marketing Association, MarketingSherpa, AD:Tech Miami, Search Engine Strategies Latino, NAB, Canadian Marketing Association and at corporate events like Intel's retail customer appreciation summit.
- Tell us all about Topo. Why did you start this venture?
- Most people know you from the Funnelholic, lifeblood for any marketing or sales professional. How is Topo different than the Funnelholic? How do you balance the personal vs. professional blogs?
- You are always coming up with great content ideas/ topics both on Topo and Funnelholic. How do you do it?
- You have worked with some of the best marketers around…can you share with us some networking and collaboration advice?
- What’s the biggest surprise in the B2B marketing world today? Why?
- What would you say are the biggest challenges persist for marketers? Is it still content marketing or it is more fundamental than that? Basic stuff or more complex?
- What are core competencies for modern marketers today? Is one skill set imperative in your opinion?
- Can we teach people how to become better marketers? Better writers? What advice can you share to become a better writer for those marketers that struggle with this?
Which channels will be most effective in 2015? How has the landscape changed?
- VP of Marketing Innovation at Eloqua, which grew from $3MM to $35MM (on the way to a successful IPO and acquisition by Oracle) during his tenure.
- Creator of the Eloqua Experience and Eloqua Markie awards
- First VP of Marketing for SiriusDecisions, a leading advisory firm for B2B sales and marketing executives
- First VP of Marketing at TOA Technologies, establishing the brand identity and social media strategy.
- Co-founded the world's first demand generation-focused conference called DemandCon.